Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kharkov at Night, part 2

I thought I'd try out my M8 and 50mm Lux under the streetlamps of the city and am pretty happy with a couple of these images from my neighborhood. I live in a mixed residential-commercial district about six blocks from the center of the city, and there are many bars, restaurants, and cafes that stay open until 11 or 12.

As a city goes, it is quite safe in my neighborhood, but I wouldn't want to be wandering around much after midnight...drunk hooligans are the same everywhere. I took these during a trip to the all-night market for a snack at about 10 p.m. It seems to snow about every other day here, making the sidewalks a constant mine field of slushy snow hiding underlying layers of very slippery ice. Maybe that's why the locals always are looking down when the walk!

Enjoy:

Kharkov at Night, part Dva (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment